What requires a construction permit?

The following is a general overview; but if there is ever a question as to whether the work you are going to begin will require a permit, it is always best to call the Construction Office. Work such as fences, decks, sheds, additions, swimming pools, roofing and siding, finishing a basement, electrical services, lawn sprinklers, concrete patios, heater conversions and replacements, and sewer line replacements must always have permits prior to beginning the project.
Welcome to Edgewater Park Township inspection's office.
The following information should answer many of the questions generally asked concerning building and zoning permits.
The Township has a competent staff to guide you through the application process should you have further questions.

Construction Code Official, James H. Scott,
Office 877-2217, Fax 877-2308
Office Hours Mon., Tues. & Thurs. - 2:30 PM - 4:30 PM

Zoning Officer, Cedric Minter
Office Hours Mon. & Wed. - 3:30 PM - 4:30 PM

Code Enforcement Officer, Steve Bagge
Office Hours Tues. - Thurs. - 8:00 AM - 3:00 PM

Property Maintenance Inspector, Kevin P. Johnson
Office Hours Mon. - Thurs. - 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM

Technical Assistant to Construction Official, Fallon Burress

Office Hours Mon. - Thurs. - 8:00 AM - 4:30 PM

Electrical Subcode Michael Stallone
Office Hours Tues. & Thurs. - 3:00 PM - 7:00 PM

Plumbing Subcode Dominic Petitto
Office Hours Tues. & Thurs. - 10:00 AM - 2:00 PM

Fire Subcode Robert Yearly
Office Hours Mon.12:00 PM-2:00 PM & Wed.-10:00 PM-12:00 PM
Contact us
Construction Permits
Zoning Permit
Inspection Checklist
Resale Application
Street Opening Permit
When is a Zoning Permit required?
A Zoning permit is required for sheds, decks, fences, pools and concrete patios. Each zoning district has different setback, height and size requirements. A Zoning permit application must be submitted with the Building permit application to ensure compliance with the ordinances. To obtain information pertaining to your zoning district, feel free to contact the Zoning Office. You can print Zoning Use Permit form from the link below.
Inspections Department
Department of Community Affairs
Burlington County Construction Board of Appeals
Resale Properties
Landlords and Tenants
Choosing a Contractor
Will This Increase my taxes?
Now that work is finished.
What inspections are required?
With A Big
A Small