1/22/2019 - Request for Qualifications/Proposals for Professional Services: Township Conflict Public Defender
TOWNSHIP OF EDGEWATER PARK
400 DELANCO ROAD
EDGEWATER PARK, NJ 08010
Request for Qualifications / Proposals for Professional Services
PROFESSIONAL SERVICES FOR YEAR 2019
This is a combined Requirement to Qualify (RFQ) and Request for Proposal (RFP) form. This form will be used by the Edgewater Park Township Committee as a basis for making professional service appointments for year 2019; appointments shall be for a term of one-year or until a successor is appointed.
The Township of Edgewater Park is seeking qualified proposals for professional services for the following position: Conflict Public Defender.
Where to obtain RFQ/RFP: Requests for these forms should be made in person to the Municipal Clerk, Colleen Treusch, 400 Delanco Road, Edgewater Park, NJ, 08010, email: email@example.com, on the web at www.edgewaterpark-nj.com or fax request to 609-877-2308. Please no phone requests. This form will be used by the Edgewater Park Township Committee as a basis for making professional service appointments.
Submission Deadline: February 12, 2019
Submission Location: Township of Edgewater Park, Municipal Clerk, 400 Delanco Road, Edgewater Park, NJ 08010
Form of Submission: All submissions shall be in sealed envelope with “Submission of Qualifications / Proposal for [Name of Position]” marked on the outside. One original hard signed unbound copy and six bound copies of all documents to be submitted. IN ADDITION to the Original hard copy, an electronic copy in Adobe Acrobat (PDF) format shall be submitted on a CD at the same time.
Return in sealed envelope to: Colleen Treusch, Municipal Clerk, Township of Edgewater Park, 400 Delanco Road, Edgewater Park, NJ, 08010, NO LATER THAN February 12, 2019, at 12:00PM (Noon).
THIS PROPOSAL IS BEING SOLICITED THROUGH A FAIR AND OPEN PROCESS IN ACCORDANCE WITH N.J.S.A.19:44A-20.5 et seq.
REQUESTS FOR QUALIFICATIONS / PROPOSALS
TOWNSHIP OF EDGEWATER PARK
TOWNSHIP CONFLICT PUBLIC DEFENDER:
Purpose & Scope:
The following general requirements must be met in order for any firm to be considered to provide professional or other services, exempt from public bidding pursuant to N.J.S.A. 40A:11-5, and covered by N.J.S.A. 19:44A-20.5 et seq., with the Township. The process is designed to find qualified service providers in an open and fair manner in order to have the most qualified service provider for the Township. The scope of this policy covers any persons or firms interested in providing professional or other exempt services, as defined in the New Jersey Local Public Contracts Law and specifically N.J.S.A. 40A:11-2 and 5, to the Township of Edgewater Park.
1. The Request for Qualifications (“RFQ”) shall be used to determine what companies, firms, or individuals offer the municipality the best opportunity to secure the highest quality professional or other exempt services.
2. The Request for Proposals (“RFP”) shall be used to determine whether the costs or fees proposed to provide the services are fair and reasonable, both in terms of the Township’s budgetary interests, the general market rates for the services, and the level of experience, breadth of services, reputation, and expertise of the candidate.
3. Knowledge of the Township of Edgewater Park, its physical layout and Township Committee form of government.
4. Availability (proximity) to accommodate any required meetings of the agency, and availability (proximity) to handle emergencies.
5. The Township reserves the right to conduct an interview or interviews with the prospective professional to discuss the scope of the project, as outlined in their proposal.
6. Advertising of the RFQ/RFP, at a minimum, includes posting on the Township website and Township official bulletin board, and filed with the Municipal Clerk at least ten (10) days prior to the submission deadline.
7. The RFQ shall list the minimum requirements of the service being sought. Where the Request for Qualifications lists separate experience requirements for firms and for individuals appointed, candidates in solo practice shall meet the experience requirements for a firm.
8. Candidates shall include with the submission a copy of their Business Registration in accordance with N.J.S.A. 40A:11-23.2 (P.L. 2004, c.57), and an Affirmative Action Statement in accordance N.J.S.A. 10:5 3 1 et seq. and N.J.A.C. 17:27 et seq.
9. Acceptance of a contract will be by Resolution acted on by the Township Committee or the Planning Board at a Township Meeting for contracts with a value of over $17,500.
10. All RFQ’s/RFP’s will be delivered by mail, fax, e-mail, or can be obtained at the Municipal Building or web-site to applicants by the Township Clerk and returned to the Clerk in sealed envelopes.
11. Form of Submission: All submissions shall be in sealed envelope with “Submission of Qualifications / Proposal for [Name of Position]” marked on the outside. One original hard signed unbound copy and six bound copies of all documents to be submitted. IN ADDITION to the Original hard copy, an electronic copy in Adobe Acrobat (PDF) format shall be submitted on a CD at the same time.
Requirements to Qualify / Proposal
The requirements listed below are the minimum levels expected from the professional indicated.
TOWNSHIP PUBLIC DEFENDER AND CONFLICT PUBLIC DEFENDER:
The Township Public Defender and Conflict Public Defender shall have at least five (5) years’ experience as Public Defender and Conflict Public Defender in Municipal Court or five years (5) years’ experience in a practice with significant criminal and quasi-criminal and Municipal Court defense efforts. In addition, the Township Public Defender and Conflict Public Defender must have experience in all areas of Municipal Court representation, including expert and lay direct and cross-examination, handling of discovery and motions in municipal court, prosecution of both Title 39, Municipal Ordinance, and other violations commonly considered by the Municipal Court.
Please explain how you or your firm meets the minimum requirements. (Attach additional sheets, if necessary.)
Completed Form Received by Township on:
____ Meets Minimum Qualifications ____ Does Not Meet Minimum Qualifications
The signatories by individual, firm, or corporation, hereby proposes to serve as the Township Public Defender and Conflict Public Defender based upon the following compensation:
[Please outline your fees proposed, fee schedule (including attendance at regular monthly or special meetings), or other basis for compensation that you seek. Please, where applicable, indicate hourly rates, monthly or other retainers, per project fees, or such other manner of compensation you deem appropriate to the services to be provided.]